AceConnectMe's Privacy Commitment Overview
AceConnectMe is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this mobile application. The following statement explains AceConnectMe's commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, held, used or disclosed. This Privacy Commitment only applies to data gathered on the mobile application and does not apply to any other information or mobile application.
By registering or by using this app, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not accept the Privacy Statement stated herein or disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the mobile application, please do not use it.
Scope Of This Policy
This policy applies to ‘AceConnectMe’ mobile application which is operated and owned by InnoBay Group Pte Ltd ("InnoBay Group"). It is AceConnectMe's policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on the mobile application, or (b) third party Ad Networks and other third parties with whom we work to serve you personalized ads on our mobile application. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect And Retain
We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our mobile application: personal information, demographic information, behavioural information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our mobile application, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
* Your name
* Company’s name
* Company’s address
* Email address
* Telephone number
* Contact information
* Information about third parties, such as references or contacts that you provide to us should have their express written consent to do so.
We also collect behavioural information regarding how you use our mobile applications, the areas of our mobile application that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analysing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
In addition, AceConnectMe may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on our mobile application and the collection of such information is considered necessary for that purpose.
We do not collect sensitive personal data or information of users like password of your email account; chat messages/history of you or any user’s; password of your AceConnectMe's account (as it automatically gets saved in the AceConnectMe's server when you create an account or register with AceConnectMe and not authorized by AceConnectMe for access unless desired under any legal obligation); financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature.
If you choose to login with LinkedIn or Facebook, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because AceConnectMe's mobile application is intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. You can restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
How Information Is Used
We use the information we gather on the mobile application for the purposes of:
* providing our services,
* responding to any queries you may have,
* operating and improving the mobile application,
* fostering a positive user experience, and
* delivering the products and services that we offer to users.
Our services include the display of personalized content relating to your career experience and interests, either on our site or other sites with which we have a business relationship. The information we gather on any AceConnectMe's mobile application may be shared within the InnoBay Group of companies or any of the AceConnectMe-affiliated companies on a worldwide basis in order to deliver these products and services we offer or in order to undertake analysis of our database such as aggregate profiling of our registered users. In this Privacy Commitment, "affiliated companies" shall mean entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with AceConnectMe worldwide.
User's Consent To AceConnectMe To Use The Information
By registering with AceConnectMe, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have explicitly consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
* to allow you to create an account;
* to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
* to contact you about AceConnectMe mobile application updates, informational and service-related
communications, including important security updates;
* to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
* to inform you of other products or services available from AceConnectMe or its affiliates ("Affiliates" means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with AceConnectMe);
* to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
* to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
* to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
* to give search engines access to public information;
* to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
* to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
* to generate internal reports about the use of our mobile application; and
* to provide 'forward to a friend' features.
Information you post in public areas of the mobile application or place in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While AceConnectMe takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, AceConnectMe does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the AceConnectMe mobile application. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to any AceConnectMe mobile application.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our mobile application with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
Information About All AceConnectMe's Visitors
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how AceConnectMe's visitors use our mobile application, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to AceConnectMe to any outside parties, except when to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or in legal proceedings when such information is relevant.
Information About You Specifically
AceConnectMe is a networking platform, we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us.
For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, qualifications or career history.
If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union.
We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the mobile application, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible mobile application experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the AceConnectMe mobile application to maximise your personal branding. AceConnectMe also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications.
If you input your information on a co-branded registration page, such as that of a AceConnectMe and partner company-sponsored contest, then your information will be collected, used and becomes the property of both AceConnectMe and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In that instance, AceConnectMe is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives or how it is used.
If you do not provide us with the information sought in the required fields AceConnectMe may be limited in its ability to provide you with services.
Use And Disclosure Of The Information We Collect
We use the information we gather on the mobile application, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the mobile application, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the mobile application to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered. We may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new AceConnectMe's opportunities and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
In addition, at the time of registration for an account, you have the option to elect or not elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions, including without limitation, free informational newsletters from us relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as career management advice.
AceConnectMe cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Commitment. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. As a user of the mobile application, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the mobile application, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the mobile application.
Disclosure Of Information To Others
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioural or indirect information, as set forth below:
1. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose.
2. If you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for an AceConnectMe's account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third-party.
3. We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the AceConnectMe mobile applications with AceConnectMe's clients, partners, other mobile application visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the mobile application and how those visitors use the mobile application in order to serve advertisements to you on our mobile application or other mobile applications with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as may necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
4. We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because AceConnectMe is a Singapore based Company your information will become subject to Singapore Law.
5. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of AceConnectMe's business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event AceConnectMe becomes the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, AceConnectMe or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via e-mail or through a prominent notice posted on the AceConnectMe mobile application.
An Important Note About Your Uploaded Video
We give you the option of uploading a video to our database. However, you should not put sensitive or inappropriate content.
Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. AceConnectMe allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your My AceConnectMe's account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Access To Personal Information
You can gain access to the personal information you have provided by logging on to the mobile application.
We retain indefinitely all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of the mobile application more efficient, practical and relevant. You can delete your resume from AceConnectMe's online database, close your account at any time in which event we will remove all our copies of your resume and your account information from the mobile application, except for an archival copy which is not accessible on the internet.
Your Choices About Your Information
Because managing your network is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from AceConnectMe's online database at any time by accessing your account. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by AceConnectMe if it would violate another person's rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
When you create an account on AceConnectMe, your account password will be encrypted with Message Digest ("MD5") encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. MD5 is a widely used hash function producing a 128-bit hash value which makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. However, we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your account details.
Addtionally, other data such as your account username and email, and all profile data that are input into the Card via the app, will be encoded with Multipurpose Internet Email Extensions (“MIME Base64”).
Lastly, we are using the trusted service of PayPal to secure any transactions should you wish to purchase a product or a service extension.
AceConnectMe has areas on the mobile application where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of AceConnectMe. We may use this feedback at any time for any purposes, such as success stories for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the mobile application.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
AceConnectMe has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. Such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data, Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
We do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parent's consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child's use of AceConnectMe, we encourage you to participate in your child's experience with AceConnectMe.
Changes To Privacy Statement
If we decide to materially change the substance of this Privacy Statement, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the mobile application so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Thank you for using AceConnectMe. We are committed to providing you with the best tools and advice to help you get ahead in your career. We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please contact us by calling or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal and Contact Information
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us online at email@example.com.
We will use reasonable efforts to answer promptly your question or resolve your problem.
Cookies: AceConnectMe uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends.
Thank you for using AceConnectMe.
Update effective: December, 2016